Search
Search
Close this search box.

Global mushroom news and trainings worldwide

Who we are and what we do

Global mushroom news and trainings

Results of the European Mushroom Campaign: The Hidden Gem

UMDIS PARTNERS

This post is also available in: English Russian Polish

In Issue 3 of MASZroomNEWS, Maciej Spychał of SBGW posted some of the results of the European Mushroom marketing campaign : The Hidden Gem.

GEPC Promo is sharing information that from November 2022 to December 2023, substrate producers from Poland collectively donated 333 thousand. at campaign goals.

Detail amounts are indicated in the mailing.

Advertisement

“Agaris – €60,000

Hajduk – €43,234

HolPol – EUR 8,864

Kania – €71,757

Okechamp – €30,819

Stec – EUR 21,408

Unikost – €29,898

WPZ – 66,976 EUR”.

As Maciej Spychał writes, “according to the assumptions, the amount of the Polish contribution corresponds proportionally to our share in the European mushroom market. As a reminder, the 9 countries that make up the GEPC Promo have pledged to raise €1million of their own contribution, which represents 20% of the total value of the European Mushrooms: Hidden Gem project the remaining 80% – €4million – pledged to be provided by the European Union.”

Poland produces about one-third of the mushrooms consumed in Europe and Poland’s financial contribution corresponds to this value.

According to the info included in the mailing – the company IPSOS has verified the effectiveness of the first year of the campaign. Of the representative sample surveyed, 17% encountered and remembered the advertising materials. Importantly, the group that has seen and remembered the promotional messages declares a noticeably higher willingness to purchase and consume mushrooms. Among those unfamiliar with the campaign’s message, 27% said they purchased mushrooms once a week or more often. In the case of those who have seen promotional materials, this percentage is already 67%.

If you’re thinking about what messages to include in the promotion of your mushrooms – the results of this servey will be helpful. Maciej Spychał of SBGW writes that consumers in the campaign’s target group (26-41 years old) surveyed most need ready-made recipes with mushrooms (50%) and information on how to cook and prepare them (37%). There is also great curiosity about other cultivated mushrooms. About varieties other than the white button mushrooms, 37% of people would like to know as well.

Interestingly, the dominant use of mushrooms in the respondents’ cuisine is: “pizza 44%), not far behind are fried Chinese dishes (stir-fry – 39%), stews/sauces (37%) and soups (27%).

The survey shows that the main factor determining purchase intention is the taste of the mushroom, and the least important is the way it is produced.

You can follow the SBGW website to know more https://www.sbgu.com.pl/

Mushroom growing and harvesting courses

from UMDIS Agency
choose yours

Our social media

Our advertisers

Publications

Mushroom prices in Romania in May

UMDIS Mushroom Agency made a price monitoring of mushrooms in Romania. Romania is the country where culture of mushroom consumption is pretty developed – however it is usually about forest mushrooms.

€3,700,000.00 Contract. Agro-Projects Starts to Build a Mushroom Facility in Ontario

Agro-Projects stems from their recognized prowess in industrial mushroom cultivation facility design. Todd Shapiro, CEO and Director of Red Light Holland, expressed confidence in this partnership, highlighting Agro-Projects' expertise and the potential it holds for achieving mass production goals.

Mushroom prices in Poland in May

UMDIS monitored prices on mushrooms in one of Polish supermarkets. Poland is the largest button mushrooms producer in Europe.

Mushroom prices in Ireland in May

UMDIS Agency grower during consulting in Ireland - looked at mushroom prices in this country.

Video how supplements for mushrooms are produced – at SUPERCHAMP

Today, SuperChamp, Dutch producer of supplements, operates from a state-of-the-art, fully automated production facility, ensuring a seamless process from receiving goods to packaging. The facility adheres to the highest standards of hygiene, safety, and traceability, with ISO 22000 certification since 2014.

Mushroom prices in Bulgaria in May

UMDIS Mushroom Agency was in the store in Bulgaria during the courses we organised there in the middle of May.

Search for publications